Friday, November 23, 2012

Hostess

Hostess continues in limbo. They said they were shutting down last Friday, but a venture capital group over the weekend has apparently made a bid to buy the company, Today we learn the shutdown has also been delayed as the union and Hostess are still taking. Personally the only things I would notice gone is the Wonder bread and powdered dough-nuts. I seldom use their bread but have good memories from a field trip when I was in about 2nd or 3rd grade to the Wonder bread plant in Washington DC and watching bread made. However with both these products I use other companies products often. I never have been a person to eat the Twinkies or Ding Dongs, etc. When I was in Walmart last night I looked on the bread aisle to see what products if any from Hostess remained. I only found one which is ironic. They still have loaves of Hostess fruit cakes. I did not look to see if they say what year they were made.

No comments:

Post a Comment